Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Phantom Evil by Heather Graham

Summary: A secret government unit is formed under the oversight of Adam Harrison, famed paranormal investigator. The six members he's gathered know a little of the otherworldly--each has honed a psychic talent of their own.     Jackson Crow, part English, part Cheyenne, heads the group. Haunted by his experience with an ancestral ghost who saved his life as a child, and the recent murders of two previous teammates, Jackson can't tell if Adam's demoted him or given him an extraordinary opportunity. Despite his link to the realm of spirits, he's well aware that the living commit the most heinous crimes, with spiritualist charlatans existing merely to fool and seduce the unwary.
     To counterbalance Jackson's careful skepticism, Adam Harrison has paired him with Angela Hawkins, a young woman who learned the painful lesson of loss at an early age. A police officer utilizing her paranormal intuition in Virginia, she already has her hands full. But Adam's call to New Orleans is strong.
     The case: In a historic mansion in New Orleans's French Quarter, a senator's wife falls to her death from a balcony. Most think she jumped, distraught over the loss of her young son. Some say she was pushed. And yet others believe she was beckoned by the ghostly spirits that inhabit the house--once the site of a serial killer's grisly work.
     Whether supernatural or all too human, crimes of passion, greed and desire will cast the pair into danger of losing their lives...and their immortal souls.
                                                                                      -Summary from Goodreads.com

Review: I really liked this book. Each book I read by Heather Graham just make me like her more and more. I love how she intertwines history, the paranormal, crime/murder, and romance in one book. Each character is developed nicely, and you can feel a connection with them, even if they are completely different than you.
     As each Graham book that I have read so far, the ending holds a twist that will shock you. Learning the clues throughout the book are interesting, and they helped me try to figure out who had really killed Regina Holloway. I love crime books and trying to predict the ending before I finish, but with Heather Graham's books, I always only get a fraction(if that!) correctly, and I love the suprise effect when I do finally read the conclusion.
     In addition, if you are picky about a writer's style and such like me, you will appreciate Graham's writing. I appreciate her writing, and it's all put together very well. The words flow nicely and it's enjoyable to read, but still intelligent and not "dumbed down." I definitely cannot wait to get my hands on the next of the Krewe of Hunters series! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal/supernatural and/or murder mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment